[mythtv-users] 720p HD content from WPVI in Philly periodic a/v sync issues

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 06:38:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 3:21 PM, John Lundell <jdlundell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Taylor Ralph <tralph11 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> --- On Wed, 12/16/09, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > I just saw your ticket, does the patch apply to 0.22 trunk
>> > or fixes?
>> >

>> Good question. Actually the code that is modified hasn't changed in trunk.
>> So it will apply perfectly to 0.22-fixes and will also apply cleanly to
>> trunk with offsets.
>>
>> Appreciate any feedback.
>>
>> --
>> Taylor
>>
> Hi Taylor,
>
> I applied the patch from 7759 to my frontend and it works great!  Since late
> December I have been having huge sync issues with playback of KGO my local
> ABC affiliate which I receive over the air.   I am surprised more people in
> the San Francisco bay area have not complained but maybe they all use cable
> or do not record ABC...
>
> Anyway, this patch changes playback from unwatchable to nearly perfect.
> Audio sync appears to sometimes gets off by a frame or two but this is much
> better than the nearly 1 second loss of sync I was getting before.
>
> Thanks for the fix!
>
> John
So I began having the exact same A/V synch problem with KGO, but it
only appeared about a week ago - I am recording it off Comcast cable.
At first I figured it was all 720p content, but after closer
inspection, it appears only to affect ABC shows recorded from KGO-DT.

My question is how can I apply the fix?  Do I have to wait for .23 to
be released?  My frontend is a mac, and I have never been able to get
osxpackager.pl to successfully complete, so I just download the
precompiled binaries...  is there any hope of this being fixed in
.22-fixes?