[mythtv-users] Lirc issues with 2.6.32 kernel

Rajesh Balan rajesh at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 12 04:29:17 UTC 2010

the mceusb driver works perfectly on 2.6.32. the lirc_serial is the one
that has issues.

the version in the lirc cvs source compiles and loads, but from kernel
version 2.6.29 or so onwards, it has issues triggering my IR blaster --
the triggering is very intermittent. I reported this to the lirc
maintainer (Jarod) and he suggested using his git version of the
lirc_serial driver instead. that version works flawlessly with 2.6.30.
but it triggers a kernel OOPs with the 2.6.32 kernel.

Rajesh