[mythtv-users] Use internal channel changer with HD-PVR?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:53:00 UTC 2010

As I understand it, the Mythtv integrated firewire channel changer
works with a variety of STB's including the Motorola 4250HDC.
However, the only way to specify the internal firewire channel changer
is to also use firewire as a tuner.  I would like to know if there is
a way of configuring the internal firewire channel changer to work
with the HD-PVR tuner?  If not, has any thought been given to allowing
the integrated firewire channel changer to be specified on any tuner
page in mythtv-setup?  Some sort of checkbox which would disable the
external channel changer textbox and enable a drop-box with the
various internal channel changers would be ideal.

I imagine some sort of hack could be performed where I specified a
firewire tuner and never used it, but had an external channel changer
for the HD-PVR use Mythtv's telnet API to change the firewire channel.
 I've never researched the telnet API, so maybe that functionality
isn't present, I'm just thinking out loud.  :)

/Brian/