[mythtv-users] Legibility from the sofa

Mark Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Thu Feb 11 11:07:14 UTC 2010

> I'm surprised by the OP, I thought ALL the current themes were aimed at
> small screens, with huge fonts, made to be read from across the street!
>
> I find there is so little info presented in the EPG (the same as almost all
> the STB EPGs) that I go find a laptop and use MythWeb if I want to schedule
> something.
>
> Andre

Wow, I guess none of us are happy.  I totally a agree with the OP.  I have a
27" TV that I watch from about 13" away.  I upgraded from a 20" at the same
distance not too long ago.  Under .21 and earlier I had hacked huge fonts
into the blue theme.  I haven't tweaked .22 yet, but I currently find that I
am squinting far too often.

I know lots of you will say "get a bigger TV," but 27 inches was the biggest
that my wife would agree to.  She doesn't want the TV to dominate the living
room.  It's a living room, not a home theatre.   Anyway, we already shelled
out for the new TV as a family Christmas present in 2007 or 2008, and we're
not going to shell out again until this one breaks.  (It was $75 on
kijiji ;) )

Mark