[mythtv-users] Hard disks reconfigured successfully - Thanks

Jim Beckett beckett.jim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 08:17:59 UTC 2010

Hey All,

I went ahead and installed my 320GB IDE drive today, and corrected the
mess that was my old partitioning scheme.

The OS, swap, and misc multimedia files all are on the new disk, and my
two 500GB SATA disks are now devoted solely to recordings.

The only gotcha that I ran into was that I expected the new disk to be
named /dev/hda, and it came up as /dev/sda. This was a small
head-scratcher, but it wasn't a problem, and after a quick Google
search, I see that this is expected.

Anyway, after shuffling recording data back and forth in temporary
locations while I deleted ext3 partitions, and created xfs partitions, I
was able to get the job done, without any new errors.

So far, the system seems to be a little bit more responsive, so I wanted
to let everyone know I appreciate all the great advice.

- Jim