[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV MCE Remote Kit

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu Feb 11 03:40:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 20:19 +0000, Dave Pearson wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Has anyone used one of these and, if so, does the IR Blaster part of it work
> >> for controlling a Sky Plus box?
> >>

> > Yes and yes.
> >

> Excellent, thanks for the clear and concise response - I think I'll buy one!

Hmmm, as an alternative experience, I had one and it worked some times
and not others.  I found evidence of similar experiences of others in
google, but their fixes didn't work for me.

I've subsequently purchased an aim remote and the IR part of that has
worked well for me.  It also includes a remote, but my Hauppauge remote
is nicer, so we use this instead.  (It's nice to have a spare, so we
won't lose the main one ;-])

Rodd