[mythtv-users] Analog capture cards

David Liana dliana.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 21:36:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Devin Heitmueller <
dheitmueller at kernellabs.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 4:18 PM, David Liana <dliana.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm using 2 slightly different PVR-150's and comparing it to the
> HVR-1600.
> > 1 PVR 150 has a FM tuner while the other does not.
> >
> > I vaguely remembering testing all three to make sure I had them
> configured
> > right.  And I dont remember seeming much, if any difference.
> >
> > I'm using RF with standard cable.
>
> Well, my goal would be for people to be comfortable buying an HVR-1600
> without thinking it's some sort of downgrade from the much older
> PVR-150 cards.  So if someone wants to show me a case where they can
> demonstrate it behaving worse than the 150, then I would definitely be
> interested in seeing that (so I can nail down whether it's a hardware
> issue or a driver problem).
>
> Devin

No problem and quite understandable.  I've had issues with poor cables, bad
connectors, splitters, etc., but once I got all that straightend out, I was
fine.

I also increased the MPG/PCM/VBI/YUV buffers on these cards, do know if that
affects anything in the positive regarding this.  I know on some old
hardware I had MythTV wanted to read data too fast or something.