[mythtv-users] Any way to tell which tuner card might be bad?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Feb 10 22:35:02 UTC 2010

> Well that doesn't tell us anything *bad*, which is *good*. Lots of
> working space, and all on one drive. As a previous post pointed out,
> heavy mysql AND video accesses at the same time, can cause problems. I
> suspect we are down to something like that, since the hardware seems to
> be good.
> So we have cut off some corner cases....which leaves us in the
> featureless middle!
>
> Geoff

I appreciate the help. I'm going to see what happens. I've been wanting
to upgrade the hardware for quite some time, so maybe this will be my
opportunity.

So it would be best to have a separate hard drive just for your
recordings, correct? If I had a smaller hard drive for the OS/mysql and
a large dedicated drive for video/recording storage, theoretically that
would/could fix the IOBOUND issue?

Of course it's not 100% that this is what is causing the issues on the
recordings, but it very well could be and IOBOUND errors are not good
either way...

Thanks,
James