[mythtv-users] Confused about slave backend

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Wed Feb 10 20:48:54 UTC 2010

Hi everybody.  I'm in the process of setting up a second backend as a slave
backend to complement the master.  The slave machine already hosts 2 nfs
shares that store all of the recordings from the master.

So on the master I have 2 storage directories set up in the default storage
group, both of which are nfs drives hosted by the new slave.

/mnt/store1
/mnt/store2

How should I set things up on the slave drive?  Do I add both of these folders
(their local names are the same) to the default group on the slave?  What
would happen if I didn't do anything at all?  Would the recordings by sent to
the master and back to the slave?

Thanks,

Mark