[mythtv-users] Analog capture cards

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 10 16:07:48 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 08:51:53 am David Liana wrote:

> I've had the opposite thing happen.  I can hardly tell the difference.
> YMMV, I guess :-)

Just to confirm, you're saying you see similar analog performance with the 1600
and a PVR-x50?

Is this using the RF tuner or with composite/S-Video input? If RF, cable or
OTA?

I'd expect similar performance, although more highly integrated, the basic
design of the encoders on both cards are similar. I'd expect that differences
between the cards might be due to different tuners, but you never knew what
tuner you would get with the PVR cards anyway, I have 5 cards and 3 different
tuner models.

There were many different models of PVR, some with radios, some without, some
with RCA audio inputs, some with a 1/8" stereo jack, some low-profile, some
standard, some with IR receivers, some with IR receivers/blasters, some with
no IR capability at all, you never really know what someone is talking about
when they say "PVR-150".