[mythtv-users] Heads up! Inexpensive GeForce 210 card at Fry's...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 10 14:54:58 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 07:48:28 am Kenneth Emerson wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Brian Fischer <brianafischer at gmail.com>wrote:
> > Here is a fanless at newegg for $25 after rebate, free shipping and a
> > free HDMI cable:
> >
> > MSI N210-MD512H GeForce 210 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
> > Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card - Retail
> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127454
> >
> > -Brian
>
> Just be forewarned that rebates from MSI are extremely slow (mine took over
> 6 months) and sometimes non-existent.  Check out comments on Newegg's web
> site from other customers.  The consensus is buy the product if you
>  normally would if there were no rebate.  If you get something back,
>  consider it a present.

That's good advice  for any rebate from anyone.

I refuse to purchase anything with a MIR, and I try to make sure the vendor
knows why I did not purchase. This nonsense will not stop until the sellers
realize it doesn't work.

An exception is Verizon, I got my rebate from them in a week, of course it was
in the form of a Visa debit card, that they are hoping I will leave a residual
small amount on and just forget about it.