[mythtv-users] New System - Looking for Feedback

Matt W mwood23 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 01:10:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Matt W <mwood23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> re: CPU cooling -- I don't know why they don't get more play, but I've
> always had great luck with Arctic Cooling CPU coolers.  They really
> are very quiet, and yet priced affordably.  I've never had a problem
> and I've used them several builds.
>
> http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_43&mID=134

Hm actually now that I read it more closely, supposedly that
particular cooler is only for a max TDP of 90W.  The Phenom II X4 is
rated at 95W peak TDP.  Maybe that's in the range of...what, me worry?
 :)

AC makes other AMD coolers rated up to 130W TDP, but they're a fair
amount bigger, maybe too big for an HTPC case.  But your case is a
tower model, so no worries there.  get the AC Freezer 64 Pro PWM

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_43&mID=133