[mythtv-users] I need to reinstall my backend

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Tue Feb 9 19:54:51 UTC 2010

I got my new backend hardware up and running by cloning the HD from the
old machine with dd, just as I have done many times before with Linux
installs.

It was a fight to get it booting, which should have flagged that there
was something bad going on.  Anyway, it's running, but firebox and xbmc
segfault, and the dpkg database seems hosed.

I'm going to reinstall the box from scratch, move across the
recordings, and move across the mysql database.

Anything I need to know that isn't covered here?
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc23.5

Ian