[mythtv-users] avertv volar ax

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Feb 9 17:46:31 UTC 2010

On 02/09/2010 03:20 AM, sharifah ummu kulthum wrote:

> yep. i did that. but i got this error
> <http://our-mythtv.blogspot.com/2010/02/conguring-avertv-volar-ax.html>

You did a make but you do not list doing a 'make install'.

Maybe you missed a step?

You have been playing with 2 different tuners, and it appears that one
is analog and the other is a hybrid analog/digital. And it appears that
you may have been attempting to test the digital side, by looking at the
analog device socket and possibly vice versa. (The story is long and
confusing, even in the web-site, since it is not always clear what the
hardware is *supposed* to do, so we can look for the correct results.)

The linuxtv.org wiki (  http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page)
  has a mass of pages of background info about the 2 different standards
and how to test your card. The AVerTV does both analog and digital and
probably needs 2 drivers installed, 2 sets of firmware, and 'talks' to 2
different places in /dev. This may (or may not) be dealt with by the
installer or you may have to do things twice. A quick glance also shows
that the driver at avermedia comes in both 'X64' and 'x86' versions: are
you using the correct one? (Looks like it, as I would expect you would
not get as far as you do in the installation).

At the end of it all you need to have a h826d.ko file somewhere in your
filesystem.

Geoff