[mythtv-users] Zotac ION and the big game

M.A.E.M. Hanson hansonorders at verizon.net
Tue Feb 9 00:46:41 UTC 2010

>Did anyone have any issues watching the "big game" yesterday on their Zotac
>ION systems?  I normally have mine configured for Advanced (1x, HW) - or
>maybe it was Advanced (2x, HW) as a deinterlacer.  Recently, I updated to
>the latest SVN but hadn't noticed any issues.  But while watching the game,
>everything was choppy.  I believe after all was said and done, I ended up on
>Temporal (1x, HW).
>
>For other Zotac ION users, what VDPAU deinterlacer do you use and have you
>encountered any issues with the Advanced set?

FE Only IONITX-C-U with 1GB (2 x 512 MB) DDR2 800 RAM (Kingston 1.8v), 80GB WD 2.5" HDD

I had no problems watching the game.  I use a custom playback profile that says if rez is > 0x0 use VDPAU.  In other words, use VDPAU for everything.  My deinterlacers are set to:
Primary: 1x Advanced
Fallback: 1x Temporal
No filters

Composite is disabled in my xorg.conf