[mythtv-users] Power recording rule for night time preference

Johan johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be
Mon Feb 8 20:13:40 UTC 2010

I discovered that my PC was the biggest power consumer in the household
(actually 70% of my power was consumed by my PC).

The machine was always on to record (combined BE/FE). I have
reconfigured Myth and some other settings to make it start 5 minutes
before the recording and shut down afterwards, using the PC's built in RTC.

Since the price of electricity here is quite high (about 0.2$ per kWh)
and about 60% of that during nights and weekends I was wondering if I
could force MythTV to record preferably shows at night time, without
excluding those at daytime.

Forcing the recording time to 7PM to 7AM excludes daytime showings.

This is the behavior I would like to have:
If the show is aired during daytime, but within X amount of days (or
available listing days) also at nighttime then do not record the daytime
showing. Many shows are repeated during night time.

I'm not an SQL expert, but I assume some field must be added or modified
to achieve this. I know that the "Earlier" status prevents a recording
if Myth "thinks" it can record that episode at an earlier occasion.
Maybe a "Night" status could prevent Myth from recording a daytime
episode if the same episode is also run at night.

But as I said before, I'm not an SQL expert, but I believe there are
some reading this list.

Johan