[mythtv-users] different key remappings for different keyboards?

j2u4 j2u4 j2u44u at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 17:37:24 UTC 2010

My myth frontend has two keyboards -- the regular one, and a nice VRC-1100
remote control (all buttons register as keypresses).

I would like the buttons that generate ESC and BACKSPACE remapped on the
remote control, which I can do easily enough with xmodmap. But I'd also like
the buttons on the regular keyboard to *not* be remapped. I don't think
there is any way to do that with xmodmap, since the mappings are not
device-specific. But maybe it can be done lower down, like with setkeycodes?
Has anyone played with this?

Thanks,
-j