[mythtv-users] PVR-350 no signal?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Feb 8 13:43:30 UTC 2010

On Monday 08 February 2010 06:16:27 am mythtv at splmail.nl wrote:
> Situation 2 it is! The cable company still broadcasts analog tv. So I plug
> in the "coax" (composite?) cable direct on the PVR-350. And indeed, using
> cat /dev/vdieo0 > test.mpg I am able to record video.

Coax is an RF input, "composite" is baseband video, usually using an RCA
connector here in the USA, but I've heard tell of SCART in the EU :-)

> In MythTV backend I've defined an input called "cable". What shoud be the
> rest of the settings here (e.g. "EIT" or "no grabber")? I've tried both
> without luck, but I guess I'm missing something here?!

There won't be any EIT on analog channels, and I'd think you would need some
sort of listings grabber, probably XMLTV from some source, but I'm not aware
of what listings sources might be available in your neck of the woods. Us
yanks are spoiled by Schedules Direct.

So I would expect both EIT and "No Grabber" to not work.

Anyone in or near the Netherlands here? Who might know what grabber would
work?