[mythtv-users] Cannot play imported DVD

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Feb 8 03:40:01 UTC 2010

EJS wrote:

>>> Well I haven't had any luck sorting this one out, so I thought i would try to ask for help one more time.
>>>

>> So it may just be the encoding on the DVD.  What does mplayer -identify say?
>>
>> Also, try mencoder to transcode it; it may be the best alternative.
>>

> Thanks for the response! Here are the results from mplayer -identify. Interestingly, mplayer also seems to struggle. The intro plays fine, but once it gets past that it seems to struggle to generate a viewable picture. It doesnt crash at least. If these results don't provide any leads, I'll give mencoder a try.

You may want to post it on the mplayer list.  Nothing jumps out at me.
How are you playing it?  mplayer dvdnav:// ?

I'm starting to find some DVDs intentionally corrupt the filetable to
show lots of titles, and also to intentionally damage some titles.
Google for arccos.

xine is the only player I've found so far that handles all of that.

--Yan

--

   o__