[mythtv-users] Calling all Acer Revo AR1600-U910H users

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 03:15:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 10:00 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > My main complaint is the Microsoft Tax, but that's another issue.
>> >
>> I was looking hard on eBay for a linux only one but these come mostly
>> in higher end models that cost $300+ so no savings for loosing windows
>> xp.
>>
>> BTW, Thanks guys. I appreciate this. I am almost ready to buy.
>
> Note: it doesn't have a serial port, so if you were using a serial IR
> sensor, you'll have to get a USB one (the Revo has 5 USB ports though).

The other things it doesn't have:

1. spdif out (but audio over hdmi works)

2. a method of connecting to an older CRT TV - you have hdmi and vga
only, no composite, component or s-video (but if you are looking for
an HD frontend you probably don't mind that).

Just worth noting these things sometimes, even if it doesn't worry
you, someone looking in the archives may want to know.