[mythtv-users] Antenna.. too good to be true?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Feb 8 01:22:56 UTC 2010

On Feb 7, 2010, at 7:09 AM, <bhaskins at chartermi.net> <bhaskins at chartermi.net
 > wrote:

> Has anyone on the list tried this one?
> Yeh, I know that there is one born every mnute, but could it be
> better than my attic-mounted quad bow-tie or would it worth it to
> build the quad up to a dual quad?.
>
> http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10901&cs_id=1090102&p_id=4730&seq=1&format=1#largeimage
>
> Yeh, I know that there is one born every minute but could it be
> better than my attic-mounted quad bow-tie or would it worth it to
> build the quad up to a dual quad?.

I'm not an antenna expert.  That said, with gain antennas bigger is
almost always better.  This is physically smaller than your quad bow-
tie so I doubt it will do any better.  Any improvement would probably
come from the low-noise amplifier, and there's no reason you couldn't
just amplify your quad bow-tie instead.