[mythtv-users] Help with MythWeb

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Feb 7 23:50:28 UTC 2010

On 02/07/2010 11:32 AM, Kevon wrote:
> Still cannot get mythweb up and running. Does mythweb have to run on a
> BE? I'm beginning to think mythweb cannot exist without myth being
> installed. Anyone have any idea?

Of course, mythweb needs to talk to a myth database, so you need mysql
running on some machine, and httpd (apache) running on the database
machine. If the BE is talking properly to the mythconverg db, then that
leaves mythweb and/or httpd.

> On 02/06/2010 10:15 AM, Kevon wrote:
>> Having trouble getting mythweb started due to the infamous module error:
>>
>> "Warning at
>> /home/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/modules/_shared/tmpl/_errors/db_vars_error.php,
>> line 23:
>> require(modules/_shared/tmpl/tmpl/header.php) [function.require]: failed
>> to open stream: No such file or directory"

I have been trying to get mythweb working too, and have seen this. I
*think* that mythweb creates some sort of virtual file structure,
because I cannot find any of those files either!

>> The mythweb server is running on my web server which houses myth db. It
>> has no other myth install (BE nor FE).
>> All the media directory path are
>> the same as the BE.

Not sure what you mean by that last. Surely if you are pointing
anywhere, mythweb looks to the database for info, and the media paths
would be nfs shares (or equivalent).
Geoff