[mythtv-users] Very slow EPG guide - movement, etc (XMLTV source, 66 channels)

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 19:09:10 UTC 2010

On 02/07/2010 06:35 PM, Rafael Moslin wrote:
> As odd as it sounds have you tried turning off the live preview window?

Not related. Happens even without the preview window, like I said, when
called from Schedule Recordings. It's definitely the amount of EPG data.

This installation didn't have this issue when I was using EIT (much less
info). It wasn't so bad even after I switched to XMLTV, it was a bit
slower, but there wasn't much more data then the EIT.

Now that I use my extremely detailed XMLTV grabber and the amount of XML
data per day more than tripled, just moving the cursor (without any
scrolling) takes 4sec.

In fact, it's not odd at all if you notice that the progressive
deterioration of performance is based purely on increasing amount of
available EPG data. Perhaps most people don't use such abundant sources
or don't see so many days ahead (I have 13 days), I don't know, but
that's not the point. Moving the guide selection from one program to the
next shouldn't take 4sec even if I had 3yrs worth of data... :)

--
David Kubicek