[mythtv-users] I've probably broken the Python bindings, scripts fail on exceptions.KeyError

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 18:04:35 UTC 2010

On 7 February 2010 16:56, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 2/7/2010 05:56, Rafael Moslin wrote:
>
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/MythTV/MythBase.py", line
>> 767, in cursor
>>     self.db.ping(True)
>> TypeError: function takes exactly 0 arguments (1 given)
>>

> Fixed in revision 23500.

Ah, I see that issue now,  my Python ignorance showing to say the least.
There is just one slight problem with the fix, and that is that my distro,
possibly others, uses alpanumeric versions i.e. 1.2.1-pclos2010 and that
upsets the code only expecting an integer, there is another use of
xyz.ping(True) at 722 too.

You, as am I, will no doubt be pleased to know that with that with your
change, quickly hacked to fix the above, that all is now working. So thanks
to both yourself and Doug for helping me on this one, I reckon my own
debugging usually causes more harm than good, based on the maxim of a little
knowledge being a dangerous thing!