[mythtv-users] Hauppage nova-T 500 and italian frequencies

Ste Pucc ste.pucc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 16:43:15 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've used by 1 year the hauppage nova-t 500 DVB-T card, I always had tuning
issue with Italian channel 39 multiplex (mediaset), then I have tried to
apply Australian fix for 7MHz channel tuning and now tuning errors seem
fixed (no more partial locks, video/audio noise, ...).

If you have the same card and you're facing randomly tuning issues with
certain frequency, you could add following line in
/etc/modprobe.d/dvb-t.conf file (remember to shutdown and then power on the
PC, it's important to start from cold state):
options dib3000mc buggy_sfn_workaround=1

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI#Note_for_Australian_Users

cheers,
Stefano

p.s. maybe it's applicable to Germany channels, too.