[mythtv-users] Antenna.. too good to be true?

Corne Beerse cbeerse at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 16:17:20 UTC 2010

bhaskins at chartermi.net schreef:
> Has anyone on the list tried this one?
> Yeh, I know that there is one born every mnute, but could it be better than my attic-mounted quad bow-tie or would it worth it to build the quad up to a dual quad?.
>
> http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10901&cs_id=1090102&p_id=4730&seq=1&format=1#largeimage
>
> Yeh, I know that there is one born every minute but could it be better than my attic-mounted quad bow-tie or would it worth it to build the quad up to a dual quad?.

The tv-stream you receive is digital. Hence, if you get a good quality
signal, then you cannot get any better than that.

If your signal is somehow scrambled, distorted or not the quallity you'd
expect, then you might get a better signal with an other antenna.

you mention you have an attic mount, the one on the website is an
outdoor one. Mounting an antenna outdoor will give you a slightly better
(analog) signal with a possibly better digital signal. However, mounting
an indoor antenna outdoor will reduce the quality of the antenna as it
wears out.

It's up to you what you like/need/want.

CBee