[mythtv-users] h264 disables keyboard?

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 06:29:39 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> I've got a mystery.  movies that I've transcoded into h.264 don't respond to
> remote/keyboard commands.  I can't pause, skip, or exit.
>
> Older movies transcoded with lavc work fine.  And sometimes the h.264 movies
> work fine.
>
> The h.264 could be a red herring; all I know for sure is that some movies
> "disable" the controls.  Movies, not TV recordings.
>
> I'm running 0.22 fixes, from source,

I'm not having that issue, so I probably will be of no help, but....
I assume you are referring to the Internal player, I also guess you
are transcoding and placing the result in a standard container.
Is the seek table ok?
I doubt that is it.  I could understand it not skipping maybe, but I
don't think that would cause an issue with pausing or exiting.
Do they work fine in mplayer, xine, vlc or whatever else you may use
(if you even have any of those set up to use a remote).
Does running mythcommflag against those movies to create a seek table
in the database help in any way.
It won't fix a broken file though if that is the cause.
What do media tools tell you about the contents of the file? Not that
there is anything wrong with the file or stream container format, just
maybe it would give some hints if it's a problem with the transcode in
some way.

I just don't transcode much due to lack of processing resources
readily available most of the time, and having sufficient disk to not
really require me to.

Frank