[mythtv-users] Question about setting up Video Sources

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 04:08:35 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 10:32 PM, RALPH KEMP <4romany at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info Mike....I'm not sure that I knew that tuning information
> were part of the information stored in Video sources - that does clarify
> things...

Like Mike said: "A video source is a unique list of channels (and their tuning
information)"

Personally I always disliked them being called Video Sources, and I
always now convert that in my mind to 'Listings Sources'.
After all, they are a list of programs that are available, information
about such programs (name, description, time, etc), and what I would
have to 'tune to' to record them.
At least that's how I think of them.

Frank