[mythtv-users] Trashed file system after "Video frame buffering failed too many times"

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Feb 6 22:13:47 UTC 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010 02:46:35 pm The GUIGuy wrote:
> Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> > Straight of the bat, by initial thought was a faulty power supply.  Have
> > you tried this line of thinking.
>
> Thanks for the heads up, Rodd; I hadn't considered it because it is a
> quality PS less than six months old. Nevertheless, it's worth a shot
> because I'm getting this failure on a daily basis now.
>
> At the moment I am checking out signal levels, which seem suspect. (see
> my prev. post)
>
> > I've had a number of situations where strange hardware problems turned
> > out to be a failing power supply.
>
> Yea, me too. Like loosing a whole bunch of HDDs due to a faulty "no
> name" PS. I learned that lesson!

I've seen problems with "quality" PSUs as well as no-names. Often the
"quality" means they spent more on advertising, not on engineering.

Often the higher cost simply reflects the cost of warrantying the unit for
longer, it simply means they are selling you the same PSU as the cheapies, but
force you to purchase an extended warranty as well.

Not that there aren't some good units out there, but the price is not a good
guide to what is what all the time.