[mythtv-users] jamu question

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Feb 5 22:32:36 UTC 2010

On Fri, February 5, 2010 10:15 pm, Doug Vaughan wrote:
> Jamu reflects the meta data on MythTV's primary TMDB and TTVDB metadata
> sources. This means that it will always set the titles to reflect that
> of the source site. There is not option to override that short of:
> 0) Setting the video meta data reference number to '99999999' (eight
> nines) and Jamu will ignore that video in any further processing.
> 1) Hacking the code (See the functions "_getTvdbMetadata" and
> "combineMetaData" the data key is "title"). Of course if you alter the
> code you do not get support if things do not work as you would like.
> 2) Adding an option and supply a patch. (I personally doubt the patch
> would be accepted).

OK, thanks.  Looks like the '99999999' method is the easiest.  That way
when I update the title, I'll change the inetref.  Now to figure out where
to stash the correct inetref.

I've though about adding an option to the updates that would allow a user
specify what fields to update.  That way a user could update only those
fields s/he wants updated.  If you think a patch wouldn't be accepted,
then I'll pass on doing the work.  :-)

--Yan

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.