[mythtv-users] Myth 0.22 / VDPAU / Horizontal "noise/sparkles"

Adam Stylinski kungfujesus06 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:27:13 UTC 2010

I had similar issues with my 9600 GT and it used to freak me out.  I
couldn't find anything consistent with my settings and why it was doing
that.  Then I replaced my DVI to HDMI adapter to HDMI cable setup for a
cable with built in DVI on one end and HDMI on the other.  This cable also
had the luxury of a ferrite core on both ends.  It turns out the issue was
digital interference.  The symptoms you describe also sound a lot like
digital interference.