[mythtv-users] How to copy 'frontend' portion of mysql database

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:54:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:

> Do most people just go through the setup menus for each frontend and
> make all the same changes?

What I did was to take one FE only machine, and set it up the way I
wanted all of them to be set.
I set the unique identifier to be 'base-config'.
I then exited out of it.
I restarted mythfrontend, and set it to a unique identifier I actually
wanted for that machine , which saved the same settings under that
FE's 'real' unique identifier (where I actually just use the hostname
for that particular FE).
Then for a few other FE's, I started by giving each the unique
identifier of 'base-config' exited, restarted and gave them a new
unique identifier.

This allowed me to start with most settings I wanted to be on all of
them without having to go through the entire settings pages on every
FE.
Not sure if this is what others do, or if most people just go through
all the settings on every FE they have.

None of my FE's actually use 'base-config' as their unique-identifier
after that process, but it's still in the database for when I may want
to set up another FE.

Frank