[mythtv-users] hauppage nova HD S2

James Thorpe james at tfxsoft.com
Fri Feb 5 14:53:00 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've been running myth with a PVR150 for a while, but recently put in a
Hauppage Nova HD S2 card.  I've put a new wire onto an existing LNB (the
old one was cut off during a cable installation) and tested with an old
sky box - it has around 2/3rd signal strength/quality and works fine.

I'm now attempting to do my initial channel scan using

scan -x0 /usr/share/...Astra-28.2E | tee channels.conf

but it consistently times out on each frequency and never finds any
channels.  I'm running mythbuntu 9.10 with 0.22-fixes.

Any thoughts on where to look next?

Thanks,
James.