[mythtv-users] Watch LiveTV Broken and Recording Broken

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 05:43:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 10:57 PM, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an HDHR, a PVR-250 and PVR-350 on my BE machine (32bit 9.10
> mythbuntu).  Today it hasn't been recording TV shows correctly.  When I go
> to watch LiveTV, I get a black screen and this appears in the FE logs:
>
> 2010-02-04 21:52:31.932 NVP(2), Warning: Waited too long for decoder to
> pause
>
> The BE isn't showing anything helpful.  The HDHR shows that a tuner is
> active, as does MythWeb.  However, I get nothing on the screen.  I can't get
> out of the LiveTV screen unless I kill the FE process.  This happens whether
> I use the HDHR for input of an analog channel on the PVR cards.  I'm
> thinking I should do another channel scan.  The reason being I try and watch
> the local ABC HD channel and it was showing a PBS program.  That's obviously
> not right.  What's strange is that this same setup was able to record Lost
> just fine on Tuesday.  What should I try doing from here?  Thanks!

What is your source for content on that HDHR?  IS it cable?  Has your
cable company maybe moved the channels around (if your are using the
HDHR to capture QAM Clear channels).

I also wonder fi maybe your database maybe has some crashed tables or
related problems.
Have you checked it to make sure it's ok?

Frank