[mythtv-users] IR working but HD-PVR crashing

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Feb 5 03:59:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:00 AM, Kaushik Mallick
<kmallick2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> A happy ending after all! I can have Myth change channels on a Motorola DCH32000 STB through IR blaster connected to MCE USB transceiver. What started all this was to make the IR port on the HD-PVR inactive so that I can get HD-PVR to record without hiccups.
>
> As I had suspected, the entries for DCH3200 in lircd.conf were incorrect.
> I generated a new config file for DCH3200 by using irrecord and pressing buttons on the Comcast remote. The config file is listed below. Anyone who wants to blast and change channels on the DCH3200 cable box through mythtv should copy and paste this config file in their /etc/lirc/lircd.conf file and not use the one from here:
>
> http://lircconfig.commandir.com/lircd.conf/?viewremote=485

D'oh. Oops. At a glance, it looked okay. Hard to say for sure just by
looking though. Could be for a different variant of the DCH3200 (that
is set up for a different remote) or something, dunno. Glad to hear
you got it working though.

Something to note for people trying such things in the future... I
don't know that its so much the set top box you want to try to find a
config file for as it is for the remote that came bundled with the set
top box. For example, the Motorola DTA things I've got came bundled
with a remote, model DRC-800, and lirc has a DRC800 config file that
Just Worked (after adding that min_repeat bit).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com