[mythtv-users] Waking up MythTV

Paul Clark paul at aghast.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 20:58:23 UTC 2010

> > I'm assuming it's down to the frontend being paged out to disk as
> > it's inactive.  When I use my system after a long period of inactivity I
> > hear a lot of disk noise and then everything's fine.
>
> By the way, I forgot to mention that I experience the problem on
> diskless frontends. Everything is in RAM so I don't think it is related
> to paging activity.

It looks like we're not the first to find this issue

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/412849?search_string=please%20wait;#412849

And it appears to have been fixed in trunk.  It'll be available when 0.23 is
released for us who don't roll our own from SVN

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7836

Paul