[mythtv-users] Zotac Nvidia ION S3 suspend

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 05:04:39 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

> The m/b I have has the link to enable USB power but no internal PSU. I'm
> using a Minibox pico-120 PSU
> (http://www.itx.co.nz/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=334) and an
> external 12v brick and I've a feeling there is something missing with this
> combination when in suspend mode.

I suspect that the Picopsu isn't providing the +5VSB with enough
current to the motherboard to keep the USB powered.

One way you could test it is to temporarily, borrow (from another
machine you may have, a neighbor, or however) a regular ATX style
power supply that has the +5VSB with the required current and see if
that power supply will make it work.
If it does work, you have nailed it down to the Pico.

On that note, here is a link to some people who modified their
PicoPSU's to make it work: (different Mobo, but likely same cause)

http://ubuntu-virginia.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=999885&page=2

Frank