[mythtv-users] Firewire & RNG110, Channel Scanner, Channel changing

Aron Schatz aronschatz at aselabs.com
Wed Feb 3 19:31:05 UTC 2010

Hello Greg,

07:04.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB82AA2 IEEE-1394b Link
Layer Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 10)
         Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 4b42
         Memory at e3304000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
         Memory at e3300000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
         Kernel driver in use: ohci1394
         Kernel modules: firewire-ohci, ohci1394

I've tried this on another computer with the onboard and a firewire card
(a well supported VIA model) and it still doesn't register anything.
Perhaps I'll try to load Fedora (live CD for Myth available?) and see if
that works. I'd still like to get it working with Mythbuntu since I've
got the system setup and working well right now.

Thanks.
-Aron

Hi Aron,

<snip>

Third issue - I have the same box (RNG110).  I'm a Fedora user and had to
upgrade to the latest version to make it work.  In particular, the new
firewire stack (juju) seemed to help.  I think that Ubuntu might use the old
stack.  Could you post the lspci -v output for the firewire card (or
function on the motherboard)?
Thanks,
-Greg