[mythtv-users] ALSA audio conflict w/ Boxee/HuluDesktop

j2u4 j2u4 j2u44u at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 18:05:43 UTC 2010

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl. I discovered last night that my fix for
boxee isn't a very good one anyway -- the main boxee application works, but
all boxee apps don't get sound when launched from within mythtv, so I can't
even watch youtube via boxee with my current setup.

I'm curious why mythtv won't work when by using my default audio device, set
with gnome's sound control applet, though (Karmic Koala). All other apps
(boxee, hulu, et al) seem to respect those settings.

-j