[mythtv-users] ComCast Digital

Ben Eisemann ben at locojeeper.com
Wed Feb 3 14:41:16 UTC 2010

I haven't had any conflicts with having channels both in HD and SD
format.  With my Comcast feed I even have multiple SD NBC's and CBS's.
 I just put priorities on each of my tuners so, when available, a show
will record via the HD tuner rather then a SD tuner.

I've a few instances where "why didn't that record in HD instead" came
into my mind.  But it doesn't happen enough for me to really look into
it.  Im sure it just had something else to record at a higher priority
at that moment.  I also have my recordings set to start 2 minutes
early and end 2 minutes later, which can bump back to back shows from
one tuner to another (it'd be nice if MythTV knew it was on the same
tuner and just used the same stream to record both files... but that's
for another email ;-).

God Bless,

Ben T. Eisemann
beisemann at gmail.com

Faith means trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse.
- Philip Yancey