[mythtv-users] Double picture and possible wrong transmission type?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:37:05 UTC 2010

On 3 February 2010 18:25, Alan Secker <alan at asandco.co.uk> wrote:
> I get two pictures one above the other, each about 3 inches (7.5 cm) high
> but the full width of the screen. What may be associated is I am uncertain
> as to which protocol to use for the UK.  This is a DVB-T system and I have
> it set for PAL but should it be PAL-D, PAL-I etc.

Sounds like a problem with your deinterlacer - more specifically bobdeint.

When the video is playing, press M to bring up the OSD menu and find
video scan and set it to Progressive. That should confirm that
bobdeint is the culprit.

If it is, go to settings->TV Settings->Playback->Playback Profiles and
either try a different profile or tinker with the existing one.

regards

Mark