[mythtv-users] ALSA audio conflict w/ Boxee/HuluDesktop

j2u4 j2u4 j2u44u at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 04:31:01 UTC 2010

I am running on a box with an Intel 4500HD, and even thought I have the
default alsa device setup to do audio over HDMI, the only way I can get
MythFE to use the correct audio is to switch it from ALSA:Default to
ALSA:HDMI.

Boxee and Hulu work fine stand-alone, but if I run them under Myth (using
EXEC in a menu), neither can get audio (unless I disable Myth's audio by
putting it back to ALSA:Default).

Luckily, Boxee has a configuration setting to allow me to have it also use
ALSA:HDMI. When both are set this way, both can work.

Unfortunately, HuluDesktop doesn't have a configuration option. So when I
launch it from MythTV, no sound.

Any ideas how to fix?