[mythtv-users] framegrabber field order issue.

tom jones sark666 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 01:55:09 UTC 2010

I've been using myth for a few years without issue with this tuner:  an old
zoltrix tv genie.

Around when I upgraded to .21, I would get an issue on all new recordings
showing interlacing even when the content isn't interlaced.  I tried
capturing at half-frame 240 lines as a test and the content still has
interlacing artifacts when there should be none capturing half-frame.  It's
not a playback issue as recordings prior to the upgrade do not exhibit this.
 I thought it might be something with bttv and this tuner, but tvtime is
fine.  I suspect the field order is wrong; Is there a way to force the field
order to be flipped?  I upgraded to .22 recently hoping it would resolve
itself but I still have the issue.

I know many aren't using analogue framegrabber cards anymore, but I haven't
made the switch yet, and I am actually considering building a new myth box
with a couple of newer (but still analogue) tuners, so I'm hoping they all
don't have this issue.

If it's not the field order, can anyone else make a recommendation as to
what I can do to troubleshoot this?