[mythtv-users] Udev Help

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Feb 3 01:48:22 UTC 2010

Kevin Ross wrote:
>> Since my udev.rule file is run last, I wasn't sure (and couldn't find
>> reference in the udev online docs) the video0 would be "overwritten"
>> with what I wanted vs. a card that might already exist.
>>
>> Is that what your code does?
>>

> Hmm, I don't know.  I just created a hdpvr.rules file in /etc/udev/rules.d,
> and it's always worked perfectly (after initial experiments with matching on
> different values).

They're run in alphabetical order, according to your locale.  Important if your locale has some weird rules like mine, where the alphabet goes

... E F G H CH I J K ... and so on.

So make sure you preface your rules with the right numerical sequennce WRT the other rules.

On another genric none, I put all my myth device symlinks into /dev/myth/...

yan at selene:~/mplayer/mplayer$ ls -l /dev/myth
celkem 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  7  2. úno 16.35 dvd -> ../scd1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  7  2. úno 16.35 dvdrw -> ../scd0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 14  2. úno 16.31 ttyTV -> ../usb/ttyUSB1

(I use /dev/myth/ttyTV to control the TV; it has a serial port.)

--

   o__