[mythtv-users] Frontend LiveTV ASTC channel changing/tuning problems in 0.22-fixes

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Wed Feb 3 00:09:10 UTC 2010

Hello fellow MythTV users,

Strange problem I'm having: when I change channels during LiveTV while
using one of the digital inputs in my backend (HVR-1600 or HDHomeRun),
the frontend sometimes shows a blank screen and stays there. The UI is
responsive, and if I change to another channel on the same input card
(while I have the blank screen) I do get an image. When this happens the
backend seems to be getting data from the input card for the channel I
changed to, though.

Perhaps related to this is that the status display that indicates
whether the signal has been locked, its strength, and the LAMGV letters
that indicate what is going on while the backend tunes to the channel,
are not displayed after the frontend comes back from an extended
suspend.

If I restart the frontend then the status display for the channel tuning
process works fine, and I can change channels in LiveTV with no problem.

I can change analog channels (via PVR-500) just fine; the issue is only
seen with digital channels.

I can record from the digital inputs just fine so this does not seem to
be an issue affecting the backend; problem seems to be with the frontend
code.

I've searched left and right and haven't found any clues. The MythTV
trac does not seem to have a ticket with these symptoms.

Any ideas? I can provide a frontend log showing the channel change and
a packet capture that shows the interaction between the backend and the
HDHomeRun.

Any help will be appreciated; thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-