[mythtv-users] Channel Scanner Problems (auto assign?)

Aron Schatz aronschatz at aselabs.com
Tue Feb 2 19:41:17 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

I have some nagging issues. I'm setting up a new master backend (with
frontend) with Mythbuntu 9.10. I'm using Comcast (NJ, Verona line up).

Using the channel scanner, the scanner finds a whole bunch of clear QAM
channels (on QAM-64 and QAM-256), but since there is no channel data,
MythTV asks me to fill out what channel numbers for every unknown
channel. There are about 100 channels and this is pretty annoying to do
manually. Is there a way to have MythTV just fill out a generic channel
number itself (like 107.4 or something). It is tiring sitting there and
assigning channel numbers in the scanner only to have to change them
later (when the correct number is found from watching the channel).
MythTV used to just assign a number automatically, but it seemed this
got changed in this build.

PS: I split my original post into smaller singular issues. Hopefully
someone will be able to help.

Thank you.
-Aron