[mythtv-users] How do you speed up screen refreshes in VNC when MythTV (Mythbuntu) is in OpenGL Mode?

Frank Merrill fmerrill1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 19:29:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:54 PM, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Try (from a xterm) 'xfwm --replace &' or maybe 'xfwm4 --replace &'. That
>> should replace the compiz window manager with the default one from xfce.
>
> Bit hesitate running the command (it is xfwm4) without knowing what it
> does - do you get options on what window manager you want to run?
>
> Is there a command that I can use to see if it is using compiz in the
> first place?
>
> Thanks for continued suggestions.

I thought the -noxdamage setting in the session script had already
resolved your problems with the x11vnc session to your FE/BE box.

You had stated:
"Brilliant - this has made it much, much better.  I just needed to know
where to add the  -noxdamage command.  If you do not want to be
messing with new X sessions, SSH etc you just want to connect to your
MythTV boxes without having your TV on etc this fix makes using VNC
usable (for me at least) when in OpenGL mode."

Did it not work as expected?
(just curious)

Frank