[mythtv-users] IR working but HD-PVR crashing

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Feb 2 16:32:52 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Kaushik Mallick
<kmallick2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>Remove all TRANSMITTER stuff, its wrong. You should only have one lirc
> device, one lirc socket and one lircd instance running.
>
> Thanks a lot, Jarod. What prompted me to keep the TRANSMITTER stuff was that I had both
> lirc0 and lirc1 active for RX and TX to work on the HD-PVR.

That's not possibly correct, unless you had another lirc device also
connected to the system. There's only one lirc device on the HDPVR.

> But now I will follow your advice and take off all the TRANSMITTER entries in the /etc/lirc/hardware.conf.
>
> I am still confused about what blaster codes to use in the /etc/lirc/lircd.conf to blast my
> STB (Motorola DCH 3200). Do I need to add anything besides the remote codes for my Radio Shack remote?
> Do I need to add these?
>
> http://lircconfig.commandir.com/lircd.conf/?viewremote=485

Yeah, that should do the job.

> When I test the blaster with IRSEND, what name of the remote should I use?

Based on "name            DCH3200" in the lircd.conf you linked to
there, DCH3200.

Just put that config in the same file as the one you're using for the
RS remote, and it should all work just fine with a single lircd,
single lirc device, etc.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com