[mythtv-users] IR working but HD-PVR crashing

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 05:28:04 UTC 2010

Just an update:

Since unplugging the lirc_zilog module, the HD-PVR is recording stuff
without a hitch. Now only if I could get MythTV to change my channels
through the blaster connected to MCE USB!!

As I had suspected /dev/lircd and /dev/lircd1 pointing to the same was a bug
in Ubuntu that has been patched recently:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lirc/+bug/475664

I fixed the problem by:
wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/35182403/lirc.patch.gz

gunzip lirc.patch.gz

patch -p1 <lirc.patch

Now my ls -l /dev/lirc* show:

/dev/lirc0
/dev/lircd -> /var/run/lirc/lircd
/dev/lircd1-> /var/run/lirc/lircd1

I understand that this is all good. I edited my /etc/hardware.conf for this entry:

"TRANSMITTER DEVICE = "/dev/lircd1"

I restarted lirc daemon with sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart.
But still no luck in IR blasting.

$irsend -d /dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE blaster CH_UP

goes through without any error message. But the red light in the blaster won't light up.