[mythtv-users] IR working but HD-PVR crashing

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 04:04:54 UTC 2010

>>If I'm thinking clearly though, the plug end of the blaster
cables isn't the same between the hdpvr and mceusb devices.

Jarod is correct. The end of the IR blaster cable for HD-PVR doesn't fit the receiver for MCE USB.
No biggy, I have the correct IR blaster plugged into the MCE USB now.

I have unplugged the lirc_zilog module from loading. The modules mce_usb and hd_pvr are loaded correctly. dmesg | grep lirc produces no errors. Remote receiving works fine on the MCE transceiver and the Radio Shack RS 15-2116 remote works fine in MythTV.

But now I cannot do IR blasting anymore. ls -l /dev/lirc* shows 3 entries
/dev/lirc0
/dev/lircd
/dev/lircd1

However the last two both point to /var/run/lirc/lircd. Is this correct?

$irsend -d /dev/lircd SEND_ONCE blaster CH_UP

produces

irsend: transmission failed

blaster is the name of the transmitter as set up in lircd.conf. I know my lircd_conf works, see the initial post.

What could I be doing wrong? How do I get the blaster to work with my MCE USB transceiver?